Those eligible to make an application through the EU Settlement Scheme are being urged to apply.
Statistics released (Thursday 12 August) shows a further 144,100 applications were concluded in July. By 31 July 2021, 6,073,600 applications were received to the hugely successful scheme, with 58,200 applications received in the last month.
Preliminary nationality data shows the number of applications made by Polish and Romanian nationals before the 30 June deadline both topped one million while applications from Italian nationals hit more than 545,000.
The Home Office announced those who make a late application will be granted temporary protection until their application is concluded.
Minister for Future Borders and Immigration Kevin Foster said: “I’m delighted thousands more EU citizens have had their status secured through our hugely successful EU Settlement Scheme and we continue to work as quickly as possible to conclude all applications received.
“EU citizens in the UK can still make a late application to secure their rights and join the millions who have already been granted status under the EUSS.”
“Following a surge in applications ahead of the 30 June deadline, the government has taken steps to conclude applications as quickly as possible.
The Home Office says it has increased the number of caseworkers and Settlement Resolution Centre agents to help conclude applications and respond to queries as quickly as possible. Most non-complex applications are still being decided within five working days.
Late applications can still be made where there are reasonable grounds for missing the deadline.