Our complaints policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Our complaints procedure
If you have a complaint about our service or a bill that we have rendered on or both, please contact us with the details.
The person to contact is Asjad Hussain, and he can be reached at:
AMT Lawyers, 26 Wellington Street St. John’s, Blackburn, Lancashire BB1 8AF
Telephone – 01254 698317
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within 14 days of us receiving the complaint, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to Asjad Hussain who will review your file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
- Asjad Hussain will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. This will be done within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- Within 7 days of the meeting, Asjad Hussain will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions he has agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, Asjad Hussain will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his suggestions for resolving the matter, within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for someone unconnected with the matter at the practice to review the decision.
- We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman.
Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of the date of the conclusion of the Firm’s complaints procedure and no more than six years from the date of the act/omission, or no more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint. The Legal Ombudsman’s contact details are as follows:
PO Box 6806