AMT Lawyers offers a broad range of legal services to private individuals and small and medium-sized businesses, including (but not limited to) personal injury, uninsured loss recovery, family law, immigration and conveyancing throughout England and Wales.
As an essential part of our business, we collect and manage client and non-client data. We are committed to protecting and respecting clients’ and non-clients’ privacy and rights.
How to contact us
If you have any comments or queries regarding our use of your data, please contact our Data Protection Officer, Rizwan Nawid email: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to our Data Protection Officer at
26 Wellington Street
What information do we collect about you?
We may collect personal information from you in the course of our business, including through your use of our Site, when you contact or request information from us including request made by you via social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, when you engage our legal or other services or as a result of your relationship with one or more of our staff or clients.
Our primary goal in collecting personal information from you is to help us:
- verify your identity
- deliver our Services
- enforce our agreements with you
- investigate or settle inquiries or dispute
- improve, develop and market new Services
- comply with any applicable law, court order, other judicial process, or the requirements of a regulator
- process and respond to any complaints
- carry out requests made by you on the Site or in relation to our Services
- ensure the billing of any acquired services and obtain payment
- protect the rights, property or safety of us or third parties, including our other clients and users of the Site or our Services
- with recruitment purposes, and
- Use as otherwise required or permitted by law.
To undertake these goals, we may process the following personal information:
If you are a visitor to the Site:
- Name, contact information, email address, telephone number
- Other information relevant to the provision of Services.
If you are an individual client in receipt of our Services or prospective individual client:
- Name and job title.
- Contact information including the company you work for and email address, where provided.
- Payment information.
- Information that you provide to us as part of us providing the Services to you, which depends on the nature of your instructions to AMT Lawyers.
- Relevant information as required by Know Your Client and/or Anti-Money Laundering regulations and as part of our client intake procedures. This may possibly include evidence of source of funds, at the outset of and possibly from time to time throughout our relationship with clients, which we may request and/or obtain from third party sources. The sources for such verification may comprise documentation which we request from you or through the use of online sources or both.
- Information you provide to us for the purposes of attending meetings and events, including dietary requirements which may reveal information about your health or religious beliefs.
- Other information relevant to provision of Services.
- Information in relation to other third parties instructed either by our own clients or other persons or companies involved with us providing the Services to our client (for instance other law firms, experts etc.).
If you are an individual whose personal information is processed by us as a result of providing the Services to others (including individual clients and corporate clients) we will process a variety of different personal information depending on the Services provided.
This may include personal information relating, without limitation, to any of our corporate clients’ or prospective clients’ officers or personnel, any opponent or vendor or purchaser personal information including personal information relating to their legal advisors, other advisors or personnel as relevant or similar.
This is a non-exhaustive list which is reflective of the varied nature of the personal information processed as part of a law firm providing legal services.
If you are a potential recruit to join AMT Lawyers:
- Name and job title.
- Contact information including email address.
- Curriculum vitae, including your age and/or gender if you provide it to us, your education, employment history and similar matters and similar information that you may provide to us.
- Other information relevant to potential recruitment to AMT Lawyers.
- Process applications for employment
How will we use the information?
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Fulfilment of Services
We collect and maintain personal information that you voluntarily submit to us during your use of the Site and/or our Services to enable us to perform the Services. Please note also that our Terms of Business apply when we provide the Services.
What is our legal basis?
It is necessary for us to process your information to perform our obligations in accordance with any contract that we may have with you. It is in our legitimate interest or a third party’s legitimate interest to use your personal information in such a way to ensure that we provide the very best client service we can to you or others.
- Client services
Our Site uses various user interfaces to allow you to request information about our Services including electronic enquiry forms and a telephone enquiry service. Contact information may be requested in each case, together with details of other personal information that is relevant to your Service enquiry. This information is used in order to enable us to respond to your requests.
What is our legal basis?
It is in our legitimate interest or a third party’s legitimate interest to use your personal information in such a way to ensure that we provide the very best client service we can to you or others.
- Business administration and legal compliance
We use your personal information for the following business administration and legal compliance purposes:
- to comply with our legal obligations (including any Know Your Client or Anti-Money Laundering or Anti-Bribery, conflicts or similar obligations including, but without limitation, maintaining regulatory insurance);
- to enforce our legal rights;
- to protect the rights of third parties; and
- in connection with a business transaction such as a merger, or a restructuring, or sale.
What is our legal basis?
Where we use your personal information in connection with a business transition, to enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights of third parties it is in our or a third party’s legitimate interest to do so. For all other purposes described in this section, it is our legal obligation to use your personal information to comply with any legal obligations imposed upon us.
We use your personal information for the following recruitment purposes:
- To assess your suitability for any position for which you may apply at AMT Lawyers to include any business support or services role whether such application has been received by us online, via email or by hard copy or an in-person application.
- To review AMT Lawyers equal opportunity profile in accordance with applicable legislation to ensure that AMT Lawyers does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability or any other basis covered by local legislation. All employment related decisions are made entirely on merit.
- To fulfil contractual obligations this includes taking action before entering into a contract.