Job Term: Permanent/Full-time
Contact: Practice Manager
Receptionist/Legal Assistant Duties & Responsibilities
At AMT Lawyers we pride ourselves on delivering a first-class service that places the client at the heart of everything we do. We are always looking for exceptional people to join our team and help to grow our practice further in size and strength.
Receptionist Job Duties:
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; giving instructions.
- Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring logbook.
- Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Office maintenance
- Various administrative tasks for all departments in the office.
- Client care aimed at office clients and recommenders.
- Liaising with various sources of business.
- Keeping up to date with enquiries and instructions using a tailored database system.
A competitive salary and excellent benefits package will be provided to candidates of the right caliber.
- Problem Solving/Creativity/maintaining standards
- Respond to issues requiring a good understanding of work-area policies and procedures.
- Resolves complex problems in a thorough and timely manner; use discretion and know who to go to in order to resolve issues and complete tasks.
- Take a moderate level of accountability in the delivery of services offered by AMT Lawyers.
- Analyse and interpret a variety of situations and determine the most appropriate course of action.
- Use appropriate tools available to undertake the task as efficiently as possible
- Use relevant information from various sources to solve problems that impact own work area
- Update manuals/procedures and provide training to paralegals where appropriate
- Prioritise work, taking into account own work area and needs of other work areas
- Work as part of a team understanding and focusing on how the role supports the team’s and department’s priorities
- Work with colleagues to co-ordinate, develop, improve and work to Lexcel standards.
- Responsibility and accountability
• Responsible for the receipt and acknowledgment of queries with appropriate tracking and response
• Responsible for prioritising work
• Responsible for supporting others.
• Interpret and communicate established processes and procedures to a range of audiences
• Convey information/advice to others that can be complex in nature and oversee implementation of any action
• Share information, verbally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner.
• Tailor communication to different audiences and clients.
- Decision Making
• Obtain necessary level of information to inform decision making guided by general instructions and practices requiring interpretation.
• Articulate when necessary how decisions have been reached
• Provide advice and feedback to support other’s decision making
• Automatically make decisions on routine issues
• Follow departmental procedures.
• Exercise confidentiality in relation to personal and sensitive information based on AMT Lawyers policy and procedures.
- Knowledge & Skill
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of own work area and how it impacts wider operations within AMT Lawyers.
• Ability to use the appropriate system in place applicable in the service area with specific support and training
• Keep up to date with issues relating to the work of the team and department
• Proactively research information from a range of different sources, internally and externally to help inform own knowledge to benefit the work of the team.
• Develop expertise in a range of areas and practice within the firm.
• Personal Health and Safety in the workplace
- Risk management
• Understands the risks associated with the nature of the service you are supporting and identifies areas of concern, taking any initial remedial action and raising these appropriately with the head of department and partner.
- Innovation and Flexibility
• Ability to transfer skills to a range of service areas with specific support and knowledge available.
• Ability to pick up variance in approaches within specific support and knowledge provided.
• Ability to consider better ways of delivering support, communicating this as a proposed change
- Willingness to comply with the Solicitors Regulation Authority rules as well as the practice policies and procedures whilst maintaining flexibility in the work completed and personal mind set.
To work positively and inclusively with colleagues and customers so that AMT Lawyers provide a quality service and additionally to deliver services that do not discriminate against people on the ground of their age, sexuality, religion or belief, race, gender or disabilities.
To fulfill personal requirements, where appropriate, with regard to AMT Lawyers policies and procedures, health, safety and welfare, customer care, emergency, evacuation, security and promotion of the firm’s priorities. Maintaining and upholding the firm’s reputation whilst dealing with all aspects of the role.
To work flexibly in the interests of the service. This may include undertaking other duties provided that these are appropriate to the employee’s background, skills and abilities. Where this occurs there will be consultation with the employee and any necessary personal development will be taken into account.
If you are interested in working with us then please send us your CV and a covering letter telling us what you have to offer and why you would like to work with us.
We treat all applications with the strictest of confidence. Please send your Curriculum Vitae and Covering Letter to:
THE PRACTICE MANAGER
26 Wellington Street St John’s
Or email your CV to email@example.com